Sunday, 4 November 2012
WONDERS OF PLANETS
1. Earth is the third planet from the Sun.
2. It is the fifth largest planet.
3. It is the only planet with oxygen and water. Thus, it is the only planet which living things can survive and grow.
4. Earth takes about 365 days to revolve around the Sun and rotates on its own axis once every 24 hours.
5. Earth has a natural satellite (the Moon) revolving around it.
1. Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun.
2. It also known as the Red Planet because its surface is being covered with red dust.
3. Mars is a cold and lifeless planet.
4. One revolution of Mars around the Sun takes 687 days.
1. Jupiter is the largest planet in the Solar System.
2. It is the fifth planet from the Sun.
3. Most of Jupiter's volume is made up of gases and ice with only a small rocky core.
4. The atmosphere is composed of mainly hydrogen in gaseous and liquid forms together with helium, methane and ammonia.
5. Jupiter has sixteen natural satellites or moons and takes about 12 years to revolve once around the Sun.
6. Jupiter rotates so fast, once every ten hours, that it creates strong winds and great storms which persist over most of the planet.
7. Therefore, Jupiter is the planet which has the shortest day in the Solar System.
1. Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun.
2. It is surrounded by a system of rings which make it most striking and beautiful planet when viewed through telescope.
3. Saturn is the second-largest planet in the Solar System.
4. However, it is lighter than a body of water of the same size.
5. Saturn is thought to have a small rocky high-temperature core surrounded by ice and ammonia, mixed with grit and gases.
6. The time for Saturn to revolve around the Sun is around 29 years.
7. Saturn rotates on its axis once every 10.7 hours.
1. Uranus is the seventh planet from the Sun in the Solar System.
2. This planet is blue because it has cold gases, mainly made up of hydrogen and helium.
3. Uranus also has a ring around it but the ring cannot be seen clearly because it is too thin and dim.
4. T has five moons, and its rotates on its own axis slightly more slowly than Saturn.
5. The time taken for Uranus to revolves around the Sun is around 84 years.
1. Neptune, the eight planet from the Sun is almost the twin of Uranus.
2. It is a little heavier than Uranus and is very slightly bigger. It is bluish-green.
3. Neptune consists mainly of ice with some rock and gases, and has less atmosphere.
4. Neptune has two moons and takes about 165 years to revolve around the Sun.
1. Pluto is the ninth planets from the Sun.
2. It is smallest planet in the Solar System, and is made of rock and thin ice.
3. Pluto is a dark and cold planet. Its surface temperature can be as low as -230 degree Celsius.
4. This planet can be seen only through a telescope because it is so far away from Earth.
5. Pluto takes 247.7 years to revolve once around the Sun.